Sunday, August 22, 2010

Survival

My sister Erin helped me last night when Ethan was giving me a run for my money. I told her I was hesitant to break our routine and she told me that when you are in the moment and your child is screaming then you need to do whatever you need to do. So that it what I did, I gave him a bottle of breastmilk instead of our long evening feedings because, to be honest, a bottle keeps him asleep longer and gets him full faster. Erin told me not to worry about the future when I need to fix a problem in the moment. Long story short, Ethan fell asleep after HOURS of screaming and fussiness without a nap.
Poor little guy, I hate not being able to comfort him all the time. He has been so needy lately (not wanting to be put down) but I will continue to meet his needs and keep putting him down for longer periods at a time. He sleeps ok in his crib, so that isn't a problem, but the problem is during the daytime he is stuck to me like glue (super glue!).
If he gets really miserable again today then I will call the doctor to make sure it isn't an ear infection or something else that can be treated. I'll let you know how this afternoon/evening goes......
On a happy note, my dad is getting the worldwide web today! Hopefully he will be able to see his first grandson in live time tonight. I will have to find a super cute outfit so Ethan can meet his Pepere in style.

No comments:

Post a Comment