Monday, September 13, 2010

Daycare Day 1

Sigh.....it is Ethans first at daycare and he is doing great. I called once already :). They told me I could call anytime and I think they might regret that! It is amazing how much I can get done while Ethan is in daycare! I have already done his laundry, almost done the grown-ups laundry, gave myself a pedicure, portioned out snacks, went grocery shopping (and actually put the groceries away!), paid all of our hospital bills (thanks for nothing, Memphis Shitty Schools), starting my lesson planning for this week, washed all the dishes, and spend a few minutes with a friend! WOW!

I teared up a little bit when we left him but the ladies in the infant room made me feel very comfortable. He has his own crib and cubby, which I will take pictures of. Jeremy has today off which is mighty nice since I almost lost it when we walked out without Ethan. I think he will be ok in daycare. There are a lot of babies for him to look at and the ladies are really nice. Jeremy said that Ethan is making his first friends.

Ethan is so tiny! There was another baby that was born at about the same time as Ethan and that baby is huge! I didn't realize how little he was until recently. He still has a little catching up to do but developmentally he is right on track. :)

Got to get him and take pictures now! Miss my little man.

2 comments:

  1. How did you do? How did he do? Did they "fire" him for being fussy as Jeremy feared? I'm glad there is a caring staff, don't worry, they are experienced. He's tiny? I always thought he was perfectly sized. He IS perfect. In every way. Geez, I miss him :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. My heart aches for you leaving him for the first time kids. It brought back all the emotions I had when I left your husband at the babysitter's for the first time. Wow! I'm glad that Jeremy was there to help you through it.

    Missing all of you too. :(

    ReplyDelete