Saturday, October 16, 2010

Excited

Tomorrow (Sunday) we all have the day off together! I am so excited to lay in bed with Jeremy in the morning, hear Ethan wake up and then bring him into bed to eat breakfast. It is going to be so sweet. I love family time. This is the first day we have had off as a family since I went back to work.

Do you like the video I just posted? He is still phlegmy/coughing which bothers me so I will bring it up during his 4 month doctor appointment.

Wanna hear something gross? Well if you don't then stop reading.......... I went to lunch today with a couple girlfriends and I had Ethan sitting on my lap while I was waiting for my food arrive. I thought I felt my cell phone vibrate but it turns out (the smell tipped me off) that Ethan had just shat himself. I was thinking, "Wow I hope they have a changing station in their restroom." I stood up and i felt a squish. Yup, Ethan had pooped UP his diaper and onto my shirt and jeans. Of course, he was covered as well.

I thought about just leaving but I pulled myself together, went to the restroom and used my handy dandy diaper bag and all of its useful contents. We left the restroom smelling like a sewer but we were both clean! I had to take off my shirt and wear my nursing tank for the rest of the outing but who cares? We had fun and made it through a potential disaster!

I will make an effort to start posting more interactive videos of Ethan. I want to start taking the camera out with us too. We went to babies r us today and it would have been fun to document the exciting trip. We got him some pads to stop the car seat straps from rubbing on his neck. Not cute but still necessary. It is much more fun to buy clothes and toys.

Also for Christmas, we would like crib sheets for home and daycare. The standard size crib sheet is fine and any print/color is fine too. I like blue, yellow, orange, and green because they match his room. Prints will work too because he can take them to daycare. I like to use our own sheets instead of theirs. Just a thing I like to do for him :). Some things at daycare bother me, but I have to tell myself that it is never going to be as good as home.

I am so tired and am trying to get to bed early!

Let me say a bit about Ethan's insurance. Ok here we go.............
1. Ethan is uninsured because I had 3o days to do so and tried to on day 32.
2. The reason I did was because they told me to wait until I got his SSN but since I don't have that it writing, they are saying that no one told me that.
3. I have tried everything. Please believe me when I tell you this. I have called everyone, complained to everyone, appealed everything, and applied for everything.
4. We are broke because of this. Did you know that 12 hours in the NICU costs $5500? Trust me when I say we are broke. It sucks. A lot. I have cried over it. A lot.
5. I am now in the stages of accepting our situation and moving on. It sucks and is a terrible situation but we have to move on and I have to let go of all this anger and emotion. I have learned that Memphis City Schools do not care about their employees and that I am just a number when I walk into the HR offices. They don't know how hard I work for them and they really don't care. It is a business and that it the way it is and I can't change it.
6. We were saving for a moving fund because we are trying to relocate for the next school year but now we are so far behind that I don't know if we can afford the move. I'll tell you all about our future living plans later, I'm tired now.
7. Thank you everyone for your support and compassion and being there to listen when it has been frustrating. Thankfully, Ethan will be insured on January 1st so we are crossing our fingers and praying until then. After this next doctor appointment, he won't have anymore scheduled visits so that is good news.

We have learned that you can't count on anyone except friends and family and that is why I want to move closer to home. Still working on it and this is a monetary setback but we will make it through. As long as we have each other and our health, we will be just fine!

Love everyone! Have a great Sunday :)

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE how much you enjoy and appreciate family time Emily. :-) It makes me happy and proud that you have such a close and loving little family. You are a wonderful wife and Mother and I know Jeremy realizes how lucky he is.

    Yeah on saving the "shitty" day so you could continue to visit with your friends. You really are a fantastic (and creative) Mom!

    Norm and I absolutely love the videos. I actually dreamed last night that Ethan had changed so much that I saw him and didn't recognize him. Thanks to you that nightmare will never happen!!

    Great idea on the sheets honey. I don't blame you for wanting more "homey" things for Ethan at daycare. He will be more comfortable when things smell like Mommy and home. You are awesome!

    The insurance thing is not your fault Emily and I hope you can stop beating yourself up over it. Life will always hand us unexpected expenses and we have to make the best of it. I guess that is why Norm is so careful to be prepared for them. You both know that we are here for you and we'll talk about how we can best help you through this when you are ready. Everything will be okay...like you said....you can always count on family. We all love you from the bottom of our hearts and want to have you closer to your true support systems. :-)

    Love to our fab five (JEEPZ) and enjoy your family day. Give a call or webcam when you have time.....

    ReplyDelete