Sunday, October 3, 2010

What a Great Weekend






I had such a great weekend with Ethan! We had lots of bonding and quality time. Today we went to Krisha's work (Air National Guard) for her baby shower! He was so sweet and everyone loved him. Krisha got a lot of stuff and we got to eat cake. I was the only person that was in 'civilian' clothing but that is ok with me. Everyone at her work seems to like her a lot so it was really fun. I was so happy that Ethan was so agreeable. He took a big poop before we left (causing me to change his ENTIRE outfit) so he was feeling relieved.

I have 9 pounds to go before I get back to my prepregnancy weight! I know my weight has shifted but the scale says I am still steadily losing weight. Love weight watchers. So easy and so effective.

People keep thanking me for doing this blog. First of all, you are welcome and secondly, I enjoy doing it! I miss the sarcastic narrative that I used to post but my audience has changed so I have to keep it more informative and less descriptive. I'm sure my dad or Gram Lapointe don't want to know if I'm constipated or starting my period for the first time since last October (still haven't by the way). My hair is starting to fall out. I thought that was supposed to happen when you finished breastfeeding and Ethan gets breastmilk 99% of the time.

Our bond is getting so strong. When he was first born, of course I loved him but lately, I feel like we are getting to know each other so well. He loves me so much :).

On Friday I raced home so I could pick him up from daycare because when you pick him up, he smiles like crazy! It is soooooo sweet :). Usually, Jeremy gets out before I do so I get to drop him off (sad!) and Jeremy gets the joy of picking him up.

Daycare doesn't suck. I don't totally hate it anymore. I really like the place and I feel that they do a pretty good job. I think the room could be cleaner (gross fridge!) and I hate that when I drop him off, I have to bring him to the big kid room since the infant room workers don't get there until 7am. I like how they keep a DETAILED record of his eating, sleeping, pooping and peeing so when we pick him up, we know exactly what is going on with him.

It has been confirmed (but suspected for quite some time)!! Ethan is the cutest baby in the infant room!! One of the ladies at daycare said so and I had to agree. :) Even though he is losing his hair and starting to look like uncle Fester, he still is way cuter than the big-headed, bug-eyed other babies. Is that mean? Yes? Oh well.

How is work going? I like teaching, I think everyone is stupid and can't speak in proper English and wonder why our kids write like they talk. Ok, that was mean but I am tired of the crap and am totally, 100% there only for the kids and the paycheck. Things are going so great in my classroom and that pleases me. The kids are learning and they really appreciate that since they have had nothing but random subs since the first day of school. Also, I am now teaching all of the former piano kids and they are so happy to be finally learning stuff. I gather that their former piano teacher just yelled all period long and although she was a nice person, she didn't teach very well. Mean again? I call it like I see it. I'm sure I will have tough times this year, just like any other year, but it will be fine because at 2:30 the school day ends whether I have a rough day or a great day. I will do the best I can, that goes without saying. :)

Ethan is going to be a cow for his first Halloween! I will take pics, don't you worry!

No comments:

Post a Comment