Sunday, November 7, 2010

Random Thoughts

I'm tired and sick so bear with me on this post.

-Cheryl was right when she said that I said everything was 'fine' with Ethan's current daycare. Everything was 'fine' but not 'good' and not even close to 'great'. There were things that bothered me so I thought that we could find something better. I REALLY wanted to get him in a daycare that had the kiddie cams, where I can log on and see Ethan's room while I'm at work, but we didn't find one that was that great. We decided on a Christian based center that is run by a really nice and involved lady. She takes great pride in her center and knows everything about each kids and their parents. She started the center 17 years ago when she couldn't find a place where she would send her own children. We aren't really religious people but worse things have happened than Ethan hearing a bible story or two. I'll let you know how it goes.

-Even though I'm not around, I miss Libby and Nick living in Maine. That doesn't make any sense but it's how I feel! Libby had an interview last week and will find out soon if she got the job. I'm happy for them. FYI: Libby and her bf Nick moved to upstate NY (around Albany) to work. He has an engineering job and she is looking for lab positions. They are cool.

-We need a digital camera. We have an awesome handycam but it kinda sucks at pictures. Any recommendations on cameras?

-I get to sign up Ethan for health insurance tomorrow! You can bet your ass that I will be one of the first people too! He will be covered starting January 1st if all goes as planned (in Memphis City Schools, nothing goes as planned). Cross your fingers, and toes, and legs......

-10 more pounds and most of my clothes will fit! YESSSS...almost there thank god. I want to lose more weight but I know it takes time.

-Can you believe Ethan is over 4 months old? Whoa dude.

-I am still breastfeeding and although pumping at work is a pain, the benefits are worth it. I have to supplement with formula but he rarely gets more than 6 oz of formula a day.

-I can't imagine him eating solids! We don't even have a high chair yet! He's going to be so cute with veggies all over his face. I want to make his food but I have a lot of research to do before I do that! Must talk to Erin on that one......... :)

-Krisha (my BFF here) is 9 months and 3 weeks pregnant! I'm soooooo excited for her and I hope everything goes super well. She is due on the 17th but has an induction scheduled for the 23rd (I think) if she doesn't go into labor by then. I'm really excited and I want to help her in any way I can! I know from experience that having someone make you lunch is worth way more than any wrapped gift. Gifts are great though. You know what I mean.

-Christmas Lists: What do we want? The usual, I want clothing giftcards: Old Navy, New York and Company, Burlington Coat Factory, American Eagle. Jeremy likes Old Navy, Target, American Eagle, and Walmart. We can ALWAYS use Kroger, Walmart, and Target gift cards! Babies r us giftcards are great too. As for actual stuff we want: Queen size sheets with deep pockets (white, beige, brown, yellow, or whatever), blankets for our bedroom and living room! (we are tired of the ones we have now because Parker put holes in them when he was a puppy!), aveeno lotion, anti aging face lotion, socks for Jeremy, funky/chunky earrings/necklaces/bracelets. I'll list more if I can think of more. I want stuff like my hair highlighted and cut, pedicures, facials, and other things that I feel bad spending our money on. The 'extras' like getting my eyebrows waxed...things like that. We really want practical, useful gifts (and yes, pedicures are practical and useful).

-Holy shit I'm tired and coughing up a storm. Goodnight and leave me some comments dammit.

3 comments:

  1. You know you can count on your Mom and I to leave comments and mine will always be at crazy-ass hours!

    I bet the new daycare will work out great. You and Jeremy make great decisions so Ethan will have the best care Southaven has to offer. Great parents!

    Just think of Libby and Nick expanding their horizons and enjoying new opportunities just like you and Jeremy did. I think now that you have Ethan you fully understand how much we all desperately miss our children though.....

    Yeah on Ethan getting insurance! Seems odd that you can sign up now but he won't be covered until January. As long as he's covered though who cares!

    Congratulations on the weight loss Emmy. It's a tough thing to do. I think I carried Jeremy's baby weight around for 3-4 years! Ethan is one of the cutest 4-month olds I have ever seen. (Next to his Daddy of course!)

    Krisha and Andrew have been in my thoughts lately. All the best to them as they get ready for Reagan (sp?) to arrive. I can't wait for pictures. Krisha will really appreciate all the support you will give her Em. You two are great for each other.

    Thanks for the Christmas ideas. I have one for you. Mimi would like a family portrait 8 x 10 to replace the Year 2000 graduation picture of Jeremy in the living room! I'm going to ask Tim and Katherine for the same thing. (I can hear the groan and see the eye roll from you Jeremy Joseph!!!)

    Love you all so much. Hope you feel better soon Em and thanks for keeping up the blog. You are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's your goddamn comment!

    - I'm happy you're comfortable with your decision to switch daycares. I hope everything works out for you and Ethan!

    - I'm happy for Libby and Nick too, but I do miss Libby, even if I didn't get to see her that much when she did live here!

    - We have a Kodak and it's pretty good- Kodak is generally a "can't go wrong" brand for cameras!

    - Yay for health insurance! I've got everything crossed for you :-)

    - I'm pretty jealous about the weight loss! Congrats to you, though! Maybe I can focus on that after we move and things calm down a bit.

    - I can't believe how big Ethan's getting- whoa, indeed.

    - Good for you about pumping and breastfeeding. It's hard work isn't it?

    - Don't worry about having a high chair yet- I had Nora in a Bumbo seat for quite a few months before she moved to a big-girl high chair. Definitely ask me anything about making baby-food- I'll send you a link to an awesome website later :-)

    - Congratulations to Krisha! I hope everything goes well for her!

    - I already got X-mas presents for you and Ethan! Just Jeremy left! And perhaps some obnoxious toys for the dogs ;-)

    - I hope you feel better soon Emmy! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why do my daughters swear like sailors? Emily with, "Holy Shit!" and Erin with "...your Goddamn comment!" WTF for Christ's sake!

    ReplyDelete