Saturday, January 15, 2011

He's Growing Up



Ethan had his 6 month appt the other day and he weighs 161/2 pounds! That is actually less than we thought he was. Since he was a month early, the doctor is still doing his 'adjusted' age and birth date. If he was born on his due date he would be right in the middle for weight and a little shorter than most babies his age but when you go by his actual birth date he is in the 25 percentile for weight. His head is big! The rest of his body hasn't caught up yet.

The doctor said I need to stop rocking him for so long at night time and set him in his crib when his eyes start to get heavy. While I understand why I SHOULD do this, I don't want to! I like rocking and singing him to sleep. He's the only one who likes my singing.

Today, I was making lunch and he was in his bouncer and then it got oddly quiet so I looked up and he was sleeping! It was so cute but sad at the same time. When I went to pick him up to put him in his cradle swing, he instantly woke up and resumed bouncing. I put him in his swing anyways though and he fell back asleep for about 20 minutes.

Love three day weekends. We did nothing but cuddle and play today and it was awesome. We napped on the couch after he ate his breakfast (oatmeal and pears) for hours. He would wake up, I would nurse him and he would fall right back asleep. It was really nice. '

We went over to Krisha's house today for a few hours and we had so much fun! Ethan was holding Reagan's hand and touching her. It was so fun to watch them interact. I hope we have many more play dates like that! (Reagan is Krisha's 2 month old daughter, very sweet) Reagan makes these pathetic whimpering cries and it is so sad! She is really developing a personality which is nice since the little baby phase is cute, but it is also nice to interact with your child.

I guess Ethan was pooped from all the playing he did with Reagan...............

No comments:

Post a Comment