Thursday, February 17, 2011

Feeling better

Ethan is doing better today. Poor little guy has no voice left at all so he's even more pathetic when he cries. I can't wait until he is 100%! He is so much fun when he's healthy!
I hate missing work, especially since my sub today just called me and said that two 6th grade boys got into a fight. My 6th graders NEVER cause trouble and it really bothers me that 1. the sub called to tell me (like I want to know that when I'm home with my sick
baby!) and 2. it cements the idea that I have that when I am not at work, things come unglued. Yes I worry about my son's health and know that I am meant to be home with him but I also worry about my 120 band students that I have at school. I worry that my room will be damaged, that they will fight, that they are losing precious learning time, that I am letting them down, etc. Tomorrow I am worried because every Friday I have advanced band after school and I worry that a student will use that hour after school to say they are with me in advanced band when they are really off causing trouble or getting pregnant (it happened last year to another teacher). I want to be the best mom and teacher but it is impossible to be the best at both and obviously I choose being a mom over my career. Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment