Friday, February 18, 2011

Friday 2/18/2011



This morning Ethan had yet another doctor appointment and it went very well! I am so sick of going to the office and I hope that we don't have to go again for a long long long time. Our pediatrician said Ethan was still wheezing and had a lot of mucus in his lungs but he sounded much better. His fever appears to be gone for good so it seems like we are in the clear when it comes to the flu. He is acting like he feels so much better and Jeremy and I couldn't be happier. At the moment, he is sleeping soundly in his crib and it feels so good to know that he is almost back to normal. I was really concerned when the ER doctor came back from viewing his chest x-ray, and told us that he almost certainly had a type of pneumonia. At that point, we had already been dealing with a a baby with a raging fever for days so to add pneumonia on top of that was quite a morale killer.
We had an awesome day today! After the appointment, we went driving around as a family and looked at all kinds of houses (this is a hobby of mine, I love driving around looking at real estate), ate lunch together, napped, went for a walk as a family (we let Zoey and Parker run around off leash in the field behind our development and they had sooooooooo much fun), and then when Krisha got home from work, Ethan and I went on another walk to the park with her and Reagan! Did I mention it was 73 degrees?
My Dad and Patty has started their annual road trip and are in upstate New York right now. They have a few more stops to make before they make it to our house so they should be here by Thursday or Friday. I can't wait to show them all the new things that Ethan does now! He takes a bath in the big boy tub, eats solids, laughs all the time now, and sits up on his own pretty regularly. It is gonna be fun!
Here is a quick pic from our walk today, sorry is it so small....don't feel like messing with computer stuff right now....

1 comment:

  1. I'm so grateful that Ethan is feeling better! I hope he gets back to 100% very soon. I am very jealous of the 73° weather you're having. We have lots and lots of dirty snow here, but it's melting, so I'm not complaining too much. I'm also jealous that everyone has seen, or will be seeing Ethan twice. Can't be helped, but I miss my little grandboy.

    ReplyDelete