Monday, December 28, 2009

It has begun. 10 weeks pregnant.

Today it began. The sickness. I was simply putting on makeup to go out with Jeremy and it came.....that watery feeling in the mouth. I thought it might stop, but it most certainly did not. In an attempt to spare Jeremy, I went to the spare bathroom as he was showering. It was awful. Prenatal pills in liquid form. Nasty. I was sweating and my face was red. I'm hoping this is not a sign of what the rest of my pregnancy will be like.

Now I'm bummed cause Jeremy is going shopping and I'm stuck sitting on the couch with my hair done nicely, makeup put on at a professional level, and jeans that I can't button up. I think it is time to *sigh* buy some maternity pants.

On the bright side, Jeremy just left so I can change the channel from ESPN to Animal Planet!

Post more later. I'll be sure to describe, in detail, every joy and terrible side effect of pregnancy.

5 comments:

  1. I don't think "maternity" clothes are ever really necessary (back me up on this Erin), just larger, more forgiving sizes, until maybe much, much later. Plus, "Maternity Wear" is much more expensive. They put the M-word on something, and suddenly it's worth twice as much? Don't think so.

    If you need any help or advice with the blog, just ask!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh My God! This is so great! I was hoping beyond hope you would create a blog. Woo Hoo!
    Love you,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oops. Hope you feel better, Emmy. Maybe it isn't morning sickness, maybe you're coming down with something.

    ReplyDelete
  4. O goodie! A blog! thank you! now I can follow you through this really funny and exciting time in your lives!

    I have to agree with Eric..... Maternity clothes aren't really all that. I found plenty of nice pants that had elastic... hahahaha...... good luck hun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for starting the blog my sweet daughter-in-law. Like I told you...this is the best way for those of us far away to share in the experiences. You and Jeremy are great writers so it will be a fun read too.

    I hope the sickness passes quickly for you so you can really enjoy the amazing journey of becoming a Mom. Love you.....

    ReplyDelete