Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Policies and Politics

I am still a MCS employee but what I did was voluntarily transferred myself into the applicant pool which means that I am still a music teacher with MCS but I don't have a placement for the upcoming school year.  In the worst of cases, I will not find a placement for the 2011-2012 school year and will be let go from MCS BUT that is a very small chance considering the needs of the district and my seniority over all (that I know of) of the other music teachers in the applicant pool.  Most of the teachers in the applicant pool are in there because of their low seniority in their former school, so when cuts came, the principal at their school probably booted them because of their low seniority.  Also, it is easy to lose a music teacher because music is not a 'core' subject like math, science, social studies, and language arts.

Its all a game at this point and I hope I find a good school to go to.  I have the opportunity to look around and try and find a position, but eventually that process will come to an end and I will be placed somewhere if I don't find somewhere by X date.

I have an interview on Thursday to get into the applicant pool at Desoto County Schools in Mississippi, which would be nice but the ultimate goal is not to be in Memphis or Desoto County.  The goal is to be in the Maine/New Hampshire area for the upcoming school year.

Our little family is in a time of transition right now and it can get confusing because information changes every day.  We will try and keep everyone informed of what we have going on!

No comments:

Post a Comment