Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Second Trimester=Forever

I've been telling people that I am 6 months pregnant now when in fact I am not. I am a liar, I know this. Today, I am 5 months and 3 weeks but I look so big that I think it is easier to tell people I am 6 months. So what happens when I am 6 months? Will I tell people I am 7? Or will I just say 6 months. Who knows.
I feel like this trimester is taking FOREVER. I think I read that the third trimester starts at 27 weeks so that means I have.......forever to go. My mom says I always try and rush things and I agree with her but that doesn't take away from the fact that I still feel this way! As uncomfortable as I feel at 5 months and 3 weeks, I cannot imagine what it will be like to be 9 months pregnant in the dead of the Memphis summer.
I was looking at photo albums at my mom's house this evening and I thought "damn, I was a hottie and so thin!" BUT, I clearly remember that at the time, I felt fat and disgusting and convinced that I was a zero. It is strange how that works. I suspect that I am not the only one who has had this experience.
I don't think that Central Maine could be any more depressing! I'm not sure if it is the time of year or the economy or what but I feel so sorry for Waterville. Maybe it is because I don't live here anymore, but I feel so bad for the area because I have such fond memories of the beauty and charm of the area and I feel that same beauty and charm are gone. I've noticed that people aren't repairing things on their houses and it seems that junk is piling up around people's properties. The storefronts looks old and worn and the streets are cracked with faded lines. The only new construction is of a credit union or bank which is probably only being built to deliver sad news to small businesses. Is it me, or has the area gone downhill?
On a more positive note (I hope I haven't lost any readers from being so depressing), I am bringing my mom to work tomorrow and then returning to bring her lunch! I like where she works, as it is the same place I went to school! I love that she helps students and families deal with their hardships. I would love to have her job someday, if I ever get tired of classroom teaching. THEN, after that I am going to visit my Grandma to say goodbye and THEN I am going back to pick up my mom and THEN I am waiting for Libby and THEN we are all going up to Bangor to visit Eric, Erin and Nora! It will be like the finale to my vacation. :)
This will be my last solo visit to Maine. Something to think about.
Even though my vacation is winding down, I am eager to get home to see Jeremy and the dogs. I am such a baby because I miss them so much! I'm sure they miss me because.......well, why wouldn't they? I walk them, I feed them, I play with them, I cuddle with them, I love them......I'm talking about the dogs, not Jeremy. But I do play, cuddle and love Jeremy. Time apart always makes me miss him and appreciate him even more. (Barf, I'm sure you're thinking that)

2 comments:

  1. You are right about things being depressing around here Emmy. The economy has really hit hard and this weather isn't helping!

    It has been so great to have you home. We all realize even more how much we miss you when we get to visit with you. It's hard to believe that the next time we visit you will be a Mom. We just can't wait.

    Laura Martin (Don's Mom) gave me quite a few things for you. I'll give you a call when I get out of work. If you are still at your Mom's I will come over so you can open the gifts and see if you want to take any in your suitcase or if I should put them in the stuff I am shipping. (If I EVER find a box!)

    Hate to see you leave but I know my son misses you terribly and can't wait for you and Ethan to get home!

    Love you, Cheryl (& Norm)

    ReplyDelete
  2. By now, you are officially six months along. Try not to worry about the weight so much, rather, go for comfort, (I'm glad you've ditched the jeans). Pregnancy agrees with you, your skin is amazing, and your hair is so thick. I know which pic you're talking about, and you may have been thin, but your skin is better now than it was back then. It always balances out. I may have been thinner 10 years ago, but I'm way smarter now.

    Believe it or not, WTVL is looking a little better, lots of green things showing now, and people have been raking and tending their yards. Not me, however.

    Good luck going back to work, it won't be much longer until it's over.
    Love you so much!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete