Friday, May 28, 2010

Earthquake

Ethan is so active in the evenings. Often times, I don't feel his movement much all day long (if at all) but starting around 5 or 6.....he comes alive! It feels like an internal earthquake. Jeremy can see him moving from the outside which is just flat out weird. I know I think it should be a wonderful aspect of pregnancy, but come on people, you have to admit that it is a little scary movie like to see someones swollen abdomen pulsating.

Had a great day today. I had to go to school to start work on inventory and final room cleaning/organizing and I got almost all of it done. The worst part is keying in all the info for each instrument.....a mindless, time-consuming chore BUT so worth it in the end. I had four students working for me (because it is really tough to carry a baritone saxophone x 8 across my room and lift them into the storage closet. Lord knows I can't leave anything near the ground for fear of more flooding!) and I paid them all a small amount and took them to lunch at Brother Juniper's. They loved the food and Jonathan gave me a nice discount :). I'm trying to train my 6th graders on the joys of inventory so hopefully they can do the bulk of it in the years to come. At a minimum, they will learn to appreciate the work that goes into band education. Going to take the weekend off (since the building will be closed) and get back to work on Wednesday. I have a doctor appointment on Tuesday and Monday is a holiday so Wednesday is the earliest day that I can finish up with school! Once I leave there, I will be leaving behind my career until mid September. Well, I know that is not true because I assume I will be in and out to fill in the holes, answer questions, etc.

"What to Expect When You're Expecting" lists frequent urination as a common complaint of women in their 3rd trimester. Is getting up four times every night considered FREQUENT? I consider that FREAKISH and a trend that will hopefully stop. Ethan thinks it is so funny to push on my bladder as soon as I lay back down. He has his father's sense of humor (and mine I guess, but it isn't funny since the joke is at the expense of me).

2 comments:

  1. HA HA HA! Jump Ethan, jump! Getting up to pee four times a night is typical, not freakish! I'm glad you showed good sense by asking your students to help you move the heavy instruments. Don't you ever worry about transporting them in your car?? I would worry about being sued for some ridiculous reason. You won't be leaving your career behind, the band program will still be there when you're ready to return. The kids will miss you, though. I can't wait to get there Aug. 6, baby or no baby. I miss you!

    ReplyDelete