Monday, May 3, 2010

A Very Bad Awful Day

I had a very bad awful day. Some bad things happened, but mostly I think I was just in one of those sad moods. My classroom flooded, not enough to ruin me (thank god) but just enough to piss me off and cause me to lose 2 full days of teaching. I really dislike change, ESPECIALLY when I don't initiate it! Well I guess change is ok, unless I didn't authorize it.

I had one of those days when it seems everyone else (who is always in a bad mood) is in a good mood! My boss is NEVER optimistic on Mondays (faculty meeting days) but today he was just as happy as a drunk during happy hour.

I was told that I was not allowed to go into my room because there was water on the floor and I might slip. I said that I take showers every day and manage to stay on my feet and then I said "well, I take showers every day and manage to stay on my feet" and then I asked if anyone would go to my room for me and pick up the materials I so desperately needed. This is what I got for a response "I'm not going down there!" which I took as "I'll tell you what to do but I ain't getting off my ass to help. I just like to be bossy and share my two cents for no good reason."
Bah.

Anywho, I came home after school and laid in bed and cried and Jeremy told me everything would be ok and that he loved me and would do anything he could to help. I love him :). I know he means everything he says which makes him even better.

For some reason today, I got told that my baby would be a junkie. I swear to god this happened. I was told this by the choir teacher at my school after she saw me giving away a fruit punch that I had packed for my lunch. I said "I know you just didnt' call my baby a junkie" and then she started to go off about how no one understands her and no one knows what she means blah blah blah. I know that b*^%& is crazy, but that is no excuse for that. She ignored the fact that I was eating a veggie sandwich, reduced fat smartfood, trailmix, and a cucumber. She just noticed the fruit punch that I was not drinking, but giving away.

Let me clarify something. When I complain about unwanted input, I am talking about input from people that I believe don't truly care about the outcome of this pregnancy. I feel that the ASSistant principal, crazy guidance counselor, and loud mouth choir teacher really don't have pure intentions when they offer dumb advice (like eat a lemon and it gets rid of morning sickness, which made me barf and have a sore throat, from the lemon juice, for three days) they really don't care and they are just talking for the hell of it. I know the ASSistant principal just wants to make sure I'm at work everyday so she doesn't have to do any extra work.

I cherish advice and words of wisdom from my friends and family. I can't tell you how helpful you have all been over the last 7 months. I love all of you and appreciate your kind words and helpful hints. In my book (or blog haha), that is what friends and family are supposed to do.

1 comment:

  1. Aww, Emily, I'm sorry about your very-bad-awful day. Some people just don't think before opening their mouths. Put up your shit-shield, stay true to yourself, and know you are a wonderful mother to baby Ethan. Hug that husband of yours extra hard today, and give him one from me, too. Love you lots!!!

    ReplyDelete