Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Highs and Lows

High- I had two people sent to me from instrument repair today. They went through ALL damaged instruments and did the paperwork for me. I almost cried because I was so grateful.

Low- Still can't get into my classroom for teaching which makes me feel useless as an educator. All we are doing is watching movies.......totally not educational and the kids don't appreciate the lack of teaching :(

High- I got a compliment on my 6th grade class today! I was so lucky to have my class covered so I could work in my room. I could tell that the person that covered them was nervous to watch 45 6th graders during the last period of the day but I assured him that they were well behaved and well trained. He was surprised and told me that they were great which made my day :). Those kids are the future of my program!

Low- I think I'll have to cancel the end of the year concert because of the flooding. I'm sad that we can't show off all the work we have done this year, since it has been immense! Our progress has been amazing and I am so proud of the work I have done.

High- I'll still keep the award ceremony portion of the end of the year concert. Kids love that time of year and I enjoy giving out the awards :)

Low- Don't have enough money in the band budget to cover the trophies and awards. Anyone want to make a charitable donation? :)

High- The kids did great in our last fundraiser. We sold 866 chocolate roses for Mother's Day. A TON of work for me but worth it since we got a 50% profit. Time consuming, that's all.

Low- The fundraiser guy delivered me the wrong stuff so that set the fundraiser back a day. I can't wait to close out this whole deal and get the fundraiser off my mind.

High- My ASSistant principal complimented me on the way I am carrying this baby weight. She said I look great and don't seem to be worn down at all. Whether or not it is true, I appreciate the kind words.

Low- I barfed today. A cucumber nonetheless, nasty!

High- I'm married to Jeremy

Low- He has bad gas lately

High- I am going to bed

Low- I have to get up in the morning for work

High- I will wake up knowing that everyone is cheering for me and hard work pays off!

2 comments:

  1. You leave me speechless, Emily. Thank you for this blog, you are too funny! Those kids are so lucky to have you, and it sounds like you get lots in return as well. Keep up the good work, take care of yourself, and remember, never take a nap in the street, and never fart in a wetsuit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Low- Don't have enough money in the band budget to cover the trophies and awards. Anyone want to make a charitable donation?"

    A tax-deductible charitable donation? Sure.

    ReplyDelete