Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Bad Day Shirt

My 6th graders have been pushing their limits lately so I knew a day of punishment was coming up and since I was already in a foul mood, I decided that today would be the day of punishment. I chose write offs. I start with 5 write offs and every time I hear someone talk I up it by 5. Long story short, the kids got up to writing "I come to band every day to learn more about music and myself" 65 times. Regardless or not if it works, the kids want to play their instruments and the major punishment is that they can't play (or talk and you know how much 6th graders like to talk). Back to the point of my story: I wore this cute camel colored cashmere (from the clearance rack of course) sweater today and a sweet, funny student of mine said "Every time you wear that sweater we get in trouble. I hope we don't have write offs today," and then when I said "take out a sheet of paper", he said "I knew it Mrs. Lapointe" and signed. Kids are funny.
I got a question from Cheryl on the blog that I think I should address. She asked, "will you raise Baby Lapointe on meat or as a vegetarian?" Jeremy and I have discussed this before and since I've been a vegetarian for 12 years now, it was a tough decision to come to. We decided that since we both grew up eating meat, our baby should grow up the same way. I chose at the age of 14 to give up meat and if our child wants to do that then they can choose to do so and we will support them fully. I'm not sure how I will feel actually preparing meat, since I never have in my life, but it will be a learning experience.
UGH I am so disappointed because my dad asked Jeremy and I to go to Panama City, Florida with him and Patty when they come visit. Of course we both got really excited but after further planning we found that someone already took off that weekend for their 30th birthday at Jeremy's work and I have a band festival with my kids that weekend. Damn! I was really looking forward to the spending time with my Dad, the scenic drive, and the OCEAN. I don't belong in a landlocked state. Before you try and tell me I have the Mississippi, I urge you to look at that ugly scary river from an aerial view. Have you seen the ugly animals that come from that river? Ever seen a 20 pound catfish? Yuck. Maneaters. As Cancer's, Jeremy and I need to settle in a state that offers lakes and ocean. Jerzee knows what I mean.
Jeremy and I have talked about the birth plan a little bit, mainly who we want in the delivery room and all that stuff. We haven't made a final decision and we won't until the Feb. 23rd appointment (where we go over the birth plan with the doctor). We have a lot of decisions to make and we want to think everything through. We want to do what is best for our new little family (awwwww, I like that).

5 comments:

  1. agreed. closeness to water (clean beautiful sparkling water) is essential. even our little riverview apartment had its waterfront! is baby lapoint going to be in the cancer club?

    ReplyDelete
  2. july 28th! is that still a cancer? They say most women go into labor early with their first child so I bet my baby will be a cancer! HOLY, me, Jeremy, and the baby will be cancers living in one house? For Jeremy's sake, I hope it is a boy...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Most 1st time moms go beyond their due date, that's why I thought about Adeline August. June 22 to July 22 is Cancer time. But maybe...

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH, well i would have KNOWN that if someone would frickin send me that damn book sooner than later. JK, i kid i kid.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, come to think of it, I forgot to mail the package today. Tomorrow, I promise!!

    ReplyDelete