Saturday, February 20, 2010

What a Week!

Any of you that also have me on facebook witnessed what I call facebookgate 2010. Long story short, and I hope I don't offend anyone but stop reading now if you are easily offended, I posted a poll about fur. I said 'would you ever wear real fur, yes or no?' and apparently that struck a chord with my Aunt Diane. Everyone on my facebook agreed with me and said they wouldn't wear fur for fashion, except my Aunt Diane. She wrote something offensive on my post so I emailed her as asked her what her problem was. She said my high and mighty attitude was what her problem was. Now I understand my Aunt is going through a rough time right now so I did my best to play it cool. However, I have too many people that love me (and/or love a good argument) and the facebookgate 2010 got out of hand, really fast. Comments got nasty on both sides and the original problem was not addressed. In the end, I got an apology for being slammed by my Aunt of facebook (UNPROVOKED). In the very end, I got called a sweet girl. So glad I played it cool and didn't get nasty. For once in my life, I held my tongue. (I only made one low blow saying that my Aunt was getting mean in her old age.....part sarcasm, part jab). I told my dad about the debate and he said that he was glad he stays away from (quote) 'that facebook or whatever it's called'.
In addition to all that, I took a sick day on Tuesday and felt terrible about it (but got over it) and ended up missing every band rehearsal with my performing band due to my sick day and two days of stupid standardized testing. To make up for this loss, I gave up my lunch for the week to get rehearsal time with my kids. They turned out to be excellent rehearsals! Things are going pretty well and I'm proud of my babies :). So with the stress and hustle at work, I really didn't feel like dealing with internet-fueled family feuds.
Our baby is not the size of a turnip! If any of you know what size a typical turnip is, then there you have it. I had to google it.
TUESDAY TUESDAY TUESDAY TUESDAY!!!! Can't wait for our appointment on Tuesday at 3pm!!!!!!! I am praying that our baby isn't stubborn and all balled up for the ultrasound. I would hate to leave the office without knowing the sex and getting information on the baby's health (spine development, etc).
THEN, after that appointment, my Dad and Patty get here on Wednesday and THEN we (except Jeremy :( boo hoo) are leaving Friday morning to go to Santa Rosa Island near Pensacola, Florida and THEN we get back and paint the nursery and get to hang out! I have a lot to look forward to :).
I can't wait to see the ocean, I've been dreaming about it for the past few nights.
Don't forget to keep clicking on the ads! I'm at $17.03 right now and found out the threshold is $100. So, I won't get paid until I reach $100.
Oh and the best news!! I have a date tonight with a sexy man! He asked me to check out a new hot restaurant/bar in Southaven. I'm going to get all dressed up and hope that he likes me :).

1 comment:

  1. Drink something really sugar-y right before your ultrasound, like a smoothie, or have a lollipop. I've heard all the energy makes the baby move around a lot so the doctor/tech can get a better look at it. Might be a myth, but it can't hurt to try, right?
    Good luck, and have fun on your date :)

    ReplyDelete