Saturday, June 12, 2010

Benefits of Dogs

Parker and Zoey are totally benefiting from this pregnancy. Although they get less walks, they do get lots more table scraps. It has become a symbiotic relationship. I drop something, they pick it up. Everyone is happy.
For example, today when I was getting out of Jeremy's truck, I dropped his leftovers on the garage floor. First, I felt really bad. Then, I realized that I had to clean this somehow so I bent over (ugh) and picked up the carton it was in. I then proceeded to open the door to the house and let the dogs out to clean the mess. I couldn't think of a more efficient way to clean the mess. Turns out they like chicken pad thai. I am praying that I don't wake up to pad thai barf at the foot of our bed. Now that would ruin my plan.
I was so proud of myself for my ingenious cleaning solution but Jeremy wasn't as big of a fan. He said "that's probably not good for them" and I said "probably not, but it's great for my back!". Besides, I didn't see him offering to clean my mess.

1 comment:

  1. HA! Genius! You're so funny, I have to be careful when sipping my coffee and reading at the same time because I've spewed before. I don't have a dog to help me clean it up, and Molly doesn't like coffee.

    ReplyDelete