Friday, June 11, 2010

Nursing Bras

I learned that I should pack a nursing bra in the hospital bag. I went to the Motherhood Maternity store to purchase my first nursing bra. The only worker (an 18 year old girl who kept smacking her gum and suggesting I buy ugly things) was quick to attend to me and ask me what I want and I said what I was looking for. She promptly pulled out the measuring tape and wasted no time in wrapping it around my chest. She said (while smacking her gum in my ear), "You need to get a 36DD because you are a 36D right now and you will go up another size."

36DD?!?! Holy, I have always been the smallest chested in my family and was shocked to hear that I had grown that much! Good thing stretch marks have avoided that area or else they might look like raisins after I am through with nursing Ethan.

The sales representative heard me laugh a little bit (out of pure shock at my mammoth chest size) and the immediately remeasured because she thought I was laughing because she was wrong. No, she was not wrong, I do have a 36D bra size.

Happy weekend everyone! I have strict plans to sleep in as late as possible (working at this camp is great but I still hate getting up in the AM), clean the house, seal the shelf I stained last weekend, clean the spare bathroom, and make a ton of veggie dishes to portion and freeze so we will have a freezer full of healthy and fresh meals. I can't wait to accomplish goals and cross things off my to-do list. Crossing off things on my to-do list is the best feeling for me (I assume it is like the high one feels after smoking crack or something similar). I have such a hard time sitting in one place with no plan for the day ahead. However, there are days when I waste time ALL day and those days are great too :).

2 comments:

  1. 36D? Holy hooters! You will have magnificent breasts when your milk comes in, and after the engorgement goes away. You may not get engorged anyway. I can't wait to get down there, I need a break from WTVL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have your Connatser glands now honey! I don't think I'll ever be able to look at raisins the same way again....

    ReplyDelete