Thursday, January 28, 2010

Appointment #3

So we got to meet the new doctor today and so far we really like him. He answered questions completely and honestly, and made time for eye contact. He didn't just sit there are write and ask generic questions (like the last doctor). Also, we didn't have to wait 3 hours for our appointment and we were never called and asked to reschedule our appointment because of a conflict they didn't notice earlier. I'm still bitter with the previous experiences, BUT, we are both happy with the way things are going now.
So we got to hear the heartbeat again and this time it was at 145, which leads us to believe that it may be a girl, although the last two appointments showed a heart rate at 170, which is typical for a boy (so they say). I love the idea of having a little girl but for my dad's sake, I would love to give him a grandson. Plus, Jeremy and I want 2 or 3 children and it would be nice if the oldest one was a boy so he could keep watch over his younger sibling(s). For the record, I want three and Jeremy wants two.
I've been getting sick again! Gosh! Hopefully it will pass soon though. I don't mind generally because I know I have it a lot better than a lot of women.
We might have a snow day tomorrow! I'll post and let you know if we do or not, but chances are that we will because we are expecting an inch or so so snow and/or sleet. Either way, it will be a good day because a majority of the students will not come if we do have school, so that means small classes for me which allows for lots of individual lessons. I love teaching in small groups because I think that in band, whole band instruction as well as sectionals or private lessons is a recipe for success!
Does anyone have any opinions, for or against, circumcision? My cousin's wife shared some thoughts with me that got me thinking. I guess I had never really put too much thought into the decision. What do you think? What are your experiences? Jeremy and I most likely will, but we are open to your ideas. :)

2 comments:

  1. Happy to hear that you are comfortable with the new doctor but sorry to hear you are feeling poor again. Sounds like Baby Lapointe wants to keep you gender guessing until your next appt.! Sweet little bugger. Mimi loves you no matter what you are. :-) As far as the circumcision goes you know which way I went Emmy.....that's all I'm saying.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm very glad about the new doc. There may be times when you'll have to wait, after all, babies don't arrive on schedule. Your "boy" logic sounds reasonable, it would be nice to have a boy around here! Do you ever have the opportunity for small group instruction? I agree with you though. I love having small groups, the kids are good for each other, I like the intimate setting, and the kids feel safe, and free to be. In a small group, the quiet ones are more apt to contribute.
    Circumcision? Never had to make that decision! I leaned toward having it done, and your dad went the other way! This reminds me of my recent Facebook controversy regarding whether or not to de-claw Molly!

    ReplyDelete