Tuesday, January 26, 2010

I'm a Sell-Out

Sorry for the ads you now see on the blog but I figured I would use the extra income to supplement my millions I currently make. It's never much money at all, but every time someone clicks on the ads from my blog, I get paid and tiny percent. If I get a dollar, then it was worth it!
Had a rough day today, I did a lot of yelling at the kids, broke up one fight, and wrote up seven other children (in addition to the two kids that got suspended for fighting). Some days I wonder why I do what I do, but then every so often I have one of those days where I want to cry because my kids show me something special. For example, today in after school band I had my 6th graders practicing for a quiz they will have this Thursday, and they played so well it made my heart flutter. I really love when I can see my impact. I guess there will always be a few that make me angry and a few that want to fight in a pregnant lady's classroom but that is part of the job, and they need me too.
About the kids quiz on Thursday: I'm actually leaving school early that day to go to my appointment (yay!) but the kids don't know that. There quiz will really be on Friday but I like to put the pressure on them because they can handle it and rise to the occasion (usually).
Jeremy is playing a game on PS3 that involves killing people so I will shimmy my way down to the bedroom and watch some TV! It is his day off so I understand why he wants to play his games.
Finally, a note about our dogs: Parker was so excited when I got home today that he was running in place on the kitchen floor. It was so cute, he was so excited to get to me that he was just sliding around. Zoey MUST have a terrible past because Jeremy threw a toy for her and it accidently hit her (it is a soft fleece football) and she screamed and cried! It was so sad, but a history of abuse might explain why she is so timid and lacks self confidence. I wish I could save all the dogs in the world.
Baby Lapointe is hungry! Bye bye :)

4 comments:

  1. Not seeing any ads. My poor Zoey! I just love that little dog. Hope your day went better today. Make the kids feel guilty for putting such stress on Mrs. LaPregnant. You are a natural born teacher, and you DO make a difference. I'm glad your heart flutters every so often. That means you are doing what you were meant to do. I'm so proud of you I could cry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. barf! and i thought the barfing was over with

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahahaha! You'll know what I mean in a few years!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't made a dime from any of my blogs. Sniff.

    ReplyDelete