Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Wednesday Night

It is about 9pm on Wednesday and I'm 100 percent better than I was last night at this time. I was so sick last night! Barfing and barfing, and then I kept barfing! AND, when I woke up this morning, there was dog barf on the sheets. I can't escape vomit. Last night, I asked Jeremy to search the whole house to find a prescription for anti-nausea medicine and he found it! My doctor wrote it for me when I had my first appointment. At the time I hadn't been morning, afternoon, or evening sick at all so I didn't' fill it. Good thing I didn't lose it because I filled it tonight and when I was starting to feel terrible, I took one pill and I feel better. I still feel that 'sour' stomach feeling but at least I'm in bed and not leaning over the spare bedroom toilet.
A woman from my work today pissed me off. First of all, I don't even like this person. Also, we are not 'friends' and we do not really discuss my personal life like I would with a coworker that I casually get along with. Anyways, she butted in to a conversation I was having with another teacher and she said "why are you sick? Do you have the flu?" and I said "no, I have a baby on the way". Her first comment was, "was it an accident?" and then she asked how far along I was and THEN she said "are you sure you're pregnant?". Maybe it is because I don't like her to begin with, but I was at a loss of words. Ugh, I felt like being super sarcastic and saying "well, I meant to have unprotected sex with my husband, so I guess that would be planned...." and "I'm pretty sure I'm pregnant.......seeing as I peed on some sticks, haven't had my period, saw the baby on two ultrasounds, heard the heartbeat, been exhibiting classic symptoms of pregnancy, and oh yea, my doctor said I was." Gah. Another coworker told me that she was just being inquisitive and not to take it personally, so I won't, since I do believe she was just talking without thinking (which I have done on many occasions, its forgivable).
Some quick notes:
*I have to share my closet now!! Not thrilled about it but we have to make room for baby so I will share 1/10 of my closet with Jeremy. I think I can handle it but it will take time :).
*Jeremy drank/tested his first batch of beer, he seems pretty happy with it since it tastes like beer. I bought him a starter kit for beer making for Christmas and I'm really happy he has embraced a new fun hobby.
*My car is leaking oil, suck. I have to take it in on Monday. It reminds me on how grateful I am to have a car that is not always in the shop! There was a time when I was in and out of body shops and mechanics and I don't miss those days!
*My students have a quiz tomorrow so that means I don't have to teach haha. I hope the kids do well. Many of them have not been taking their instruments home to practice.......hmmmmm
*I have this one student that calls me "Mrs. LaPregnant". Since I like this student and have taught him for 3 years, I think it is cute. Had it been a student that already annoys me, I might have had to hit them in a location where there aren't any security cameras.
*The kids are being really sweet (for the most part) about my pregnancy. I've been doing a really good job of not stressing myself out while teaching and staying calm really helps with classroom management (which is always an issue in an inner city school).
*Jeremy is so nice to me, I really love him! He hears me getting sick and does anything he can to help me. Last night, he got a cool washcloth and put it across my forehead. I already have a sense of how much 'it takes two' to raise a child.

Ok, so sleepy! The sooner I sleep, the sooner Libby and Nick get here!

3 comments:

  1. Glad to hear that the medication and your husband are helping out with the nausea situation. You two are a great team.

    I wish your car trouble had begun while Norm and I were there so he could have found the problem for you. I am so lucky to have my home handyman as I HATE car trouble and never have to go to a garage.

    It sounds like Jeremy is following in my footsteps once again and jumping into home beverage production. I think beer is even fussier than wine to produce so good job on the successful first batch. He'll have it perfected by our next visit. Sweet......keep practicing son!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My poor baby! I'm glad you found the prescription. Is it take as needed, or continuous? Either way, do what you can to feel better. You are going to have so much fun when Libby and Nick get there, and Libby can hold your hair back.
    I love you lots little Emmy Lou. Please rub your tummy and tell baby I love him/her!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Update!

    (Sorry, wanted to beat Tina to it) =o)

    ReplyDelete