Sunday, January 3, 2010

School Tomorrow

I am actually excited for work tomorrow, much to my surprise. After the first week off, I was dreading the idea of vacation ever ending but now I feel like my time is up and it's time to get back to a schedule.

I spent today writing my 3rd quarter syllabi, lesson planning in detail for Monday and Tuesday of this week, and getting all my documents in order for tomorrow. I even packed a lunch and picked out my clothes! I like teaching when I'm super prepared and focused, it makes me feel really good. But there are days when my mind is cluttered and my lessons are just time passing by. There are sometimes when I am not organized and not following my syllabi and it feels like my class is chaos.

Here is what's going on with the University of Memphis: Ok, I want to finish my masters, of course. However, I'm having a tough time deciding what I shall do for this coming semester. Here is the catch 22: If I take two classes, I get financial aid and run the risk of being stressed out. Last semester I had 2 classes and 1 performing group and I just about died because both classes were so writing intensive. If I take one class, I have to pay cash for it and it will come out of our savings. If I don't take any classes then I will just be putting off the inevitable, BUT I will be the least stressed out. Not sure what I'm going to do. I'm leaning towards one or two classes but who knows. I have until January 14th to finally decide. What do you think? Right now I have 19 credits out of the 34 that I need to graduate so that means I am 56% of the way there!

I'm a little nervous to go back to school, but I'm ready to go in with a focused curriculum and a positive attitude!

PS......what the heck am I supposed to do if I get sick while I'm teaching? Erin and I said that I should just hurl, rinse my mouth out with mouthwash, and keep teaching. Make it no big deal. I think I will take a trash can outside my door and barf in that if I can't make it up the stairs to my bathroom. Either way, leaving the class unattended is not a good idea. Maybe I will assign one student from each class (a favorite student) to buzz the office if I get sick, we can have a code word so he/she knows what to do when I say that word. :) Hopefully, it doesn't happen at all but it is good to have a plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment