Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year







Every year someone says, "I can't believe it's already ****" (insert year) and I always agree with them, even though I really don't share their feelings about the new year. I think because I'm a teacher, that the word 'year' has multiple meanings. It can mean calendar year or school year (I tend to follow the school year). It seems like when the actually new year comes around, it is just a halfway point for the school year.


Jeremy and I went to one of my band director friends house for a small get together/party. It was fun and nice to get out of the house. I got all dolled up and it felt nice to look nice, even though ALL MY CLOTHES are ill fitting.


On the note of weight gain, I got weighed at the ob/gyn office. It was terrible because they weighed me when I had my wallet, phone, keys, jacket and huge boots on! I asked if I could remove them but the nurse said it wasn't a big deal, but to me it was! I weighed 159 with all that stuff on. It was terrible. In real life, I've only gained 3-5 pounds but I think my weight is shifting and that's why my clothes are uncomfortable.


I had my second ob/gyn appointment and everything is going well. Got to hear the heartbeat again and see the baby napping. It was really nice to see. I was concerned because I had a yeast infection and a lot of discharge so it was good to know that everything I'm going through is normal. Because of the infection, I made an appointment sooner to meet with the doctor but everything is fine :).


We bought our first baby item today! It is a cheap little baby bather, which I think I'm going to return. It is cute and all but we got it because it was small and able to fit in the sink. Come to , find out, it doesn't fit in the sink (I hate false advertising!). It was fun buying something for our family.

I am getting tired of feeling bloated, full and nauseous. And that's all I have to say about that.
(above are pics from us going out on NYE and pics of the baby bather)




2 comments:

  1. Keep the pics coming honey. You guys always look so happy together! How fun to buy your first "baby" item too. How much longer before you can find out if you are having a son or a daughter?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You both look amazing, such a handsome couple. Looks like pregnancy agrees with you, Em, you have the "glow!" I'm so happy about this blog, you make me laugh!

    ReplyDelete