Monday, January 11, 2010

Monday

Tomorrow will be our 7th year dating anniversary (which is also our year and a half wedding anniversary)! 7 years ago we went on our first date. I'll never forget it either.........after standing me up one time, I decided to give him a second chance. He lured me to his house by saying "my parents will be asleep, we can watch a movie with surround sound." We watched "Signs" and later Jeremy admitted that he was hoping I would get scared and cuddle up to him. Little did he know that movies don't scare me (although they used to, ET?? Now that's scary)! I remember he was wearing a TON of cologne and his leather jacket. We met up at Governor's and took his 1995 white Pontiac Grand Prix to his mom and Norman's house.
I remember that we stayed up for hours just talking. I felt totally fulfilled by simple conversation. Ever felt that?
So, we ended up dating for the rest of my winter break and right before I left to go back to college at UMass, Jeremy asked me to be his official girlfriend. I said yes, of course. I remember being nervous about having a long distance boyfriend, because I didn't' know if our feelings would stay strong while we were 4 hours away from each other. After countless hours of phone conversation (which Jeremy usually hates), we finally got to see each other again when I drove home in the wee hours the night. I met him at Governor's and he gave me a big hug and even though he was greasy from cooking all night, I hugged him back.
The rest is history!
Dr. Oz says that a couple needs to reinvent their relationship every 7 years. Do you think that having a child counts as reinventing our relationship? If not, I need to know what the heck he meant by that because if Dr. Oz says it, I listen!
On a different note, I'm feeling better, work is fine, Libby and Nick in 4 days! Good luck Nick on your interview this Wednesday in New York.

2 comments:

  1. It's wonderful when you can connect with someone on a deep and meaningful level by just talking. You two were meant to be! Happy year and a half anniverysary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Mom is right Em. We could all see the two of you should be together. Becoming fulfilled by conversation with your spouse is a strong foundation for a relationship. Happy 1 1/2 Anniversary!

    BTW...Aunt Brenda emailed me and is loving your blogs. Your ability to write with humor during your more trying prego moments has her laughing her head off! You really could write a book honey. :-)

    ReplyDelete