Sunday, January 31, 2010

More Paint!


















I'm full of thoughts right now, so I will adopt the bulleted style for this post!
*I hear ya when you say that I should wait to get the bedding and then do a color match, BUT, Dad and Patty are coming down the last week in February and wanted to help paint the babies room (hence the reason that I am playing with paint colors). He also asked me if he could bring any stuff he can make and I said a changing table and a toy box but both are too big for a car ride from Maine! I'm thinking of asking him for a shelf with pegs instead. If I do that, I will paint the shelf some bright bold color that I love but is too strong for the walls.
*Thanks for the boob compliments. My poor bras have just about had it. They have formed a union and are complaining about poor working conditions.
*Paint colors! I am in favor of the bottom right one. It is a nice yellow that is bright without being blinding. I really like orange, but my school colors are orange and black and I can't help but think HMS tigers when I look at it.
*Thinking about starting a registry soon. Not necessarily for people to buy me things but just to get my wants/needs in order and organized.
*NOTE: I have found that if you use Mozilla Firefox to view this blog then it looks terrible! I use Internet Explorer. Try it, you'll like it.
*Pictures above: Look at the clutter that is in the baby's room! Jeremy is working on his second batch of bootlegger's beer and he needs to find a new place to put all that haha. I bought a few under-the-bed organizers so we can keep all of our stuff but also maximize the amount of space we have. I feel like this house has already shrunk in size.
*I LOVE spending time in the spare bedroom. We have a desk and chair in there and I just love being in there, especially when the sun is shining in. Because of the way our house is designed, the two rooms in the front get the best afternoon/evening light. If that room had a TV, I think I would move in. Just kidding, Jeremy keeps me warm :).
*I thought that was a sweet picture of Zoey. She has come a long way since being an abused pet, then stray and then shelter dog for 9 months. I hate to say it, but Parker takes terrible pictures, so I stopped trying. He's much too cute in real life, you'll have to visit to understand (unless you are heartless like Libby and prefer cats, which I will never understand).
*I have two choices right now: Start my homework, or not. I will choose the latter since my brain is programmed to do assignments at the last minute. This is a characteristic that I have learned to embrace. I told Jeremy, "why do it now when I can do it at the last minute and still get an A?". He said some smart remark after that, to put me in my place. :) I like how we converse.










5 comments:

  1. PS Look for the dog butt in the picture of the spare bedroom. Mom and Erin, it is like a hidden object game for you.
    PPS Cheryl, tell Norm he needs to chill out about the paint! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew I forgot something. Cheryl, I am thinking of getting a dark wood crib. Now, all of this is in my head for a boy (since I'm still convinced) so if I find out I'm having a girl then it all might change!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found the butt! Even as a hard-core cat person I love your dogs. They are so lovable and polite :)
    Regarding your work ethic, I am reminded of a t-shirt I once saw that read: Procrastinate. Because if the world ends tomorrow you won't have to do it. That's pretty much Nick's life philosophy.
    I'll check out your site in IE, but I'm using Chrome (google) and it looks fine to me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't see a difference between Firefox and IE. I stand by my choice, soft, muted orange, which will be NOTHING like your school colors. I think it will complement the blue perfectly. I love your spare room, too. Just the right shade of green to go with the white trim, warm, cozy, and peaceful. I'm so glad you weren't embarrassed about the boob comment, it was meant as a compliment, of course. They've never looked so beautiful! You're a beautiful mommy-to-be. I'm getting weepy now, thinking of you being a mom. Wasn't it just yesterday when you came running in the house covered in dirt from your softball game? Then you ran upstairs, showered, did your hair and make-up, put on a black dress, and heels, then flew down the stairs to yell, "I'm ready! Take me to the concert now!!" I miss my little Emily :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. LIGHT ORANGE with a couple of bright orange accents!!! I have to send you the emails on the color yellow and the negative impacts on babies. I found this cool wall design the other day, when I was looking with my friend (she's due when you are). I like the stripes on the wall - although maybe a little lighter on the polka dots: http://www.babybedding.com/blue-modern-dot-crib-bedding

    OOOoorrrrrr, you could think outside the box more for a boy, or a girl (why not!) and do something like this...I think it's missing a stocked gun-rack though: http://www.babybedding.com/green-camo-crib-bedding

    Love yah,
    CC

    ReplyDelete